Your privacy is extremely important to us and where you choose to provide your information to us, it is to enable us to send you more information about products and services in which you register an interest. We will do our best to protect your personal data but we cannot guarantee the security of that data in transmission since the internet is not wholly secure. Once the information has been received by us, we will use strict procedures and security techniques to try to prevent unauthorised access.
This Privacy Statement governs the collection, processing and use of data and, by using the Ochresoft Technologies Limited website (‘the Website’), you consent to the way in which we manage and use data as outlined in this statement. That data may include any information you give us in whatever form and information we may automatically collect about you which may include:
- the Internet domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access our Website
- the type of Internet browser and the operating system of the computer you use to access our Website
- the date and time you visit our Website
- the pages you visit on our Website
- if you linked to our Website from another website, the address of that website, and
- if you linked to our Website from a search website, the address of that website and the search term you used.
By using our Website, you consent to our use of data and cookies as outlined in this Statement and Policy
Sharing of personal information
When you visit our Website to browse the information it contains, you do so anonymously unless you choose to provide us with information about yourself. If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the Website – reading pages, viewing images or downloading information for example – although information is gathered and stored automatically, it will not identify you personally. No personal information provided to us by you will be passed to any third party outside Ochresoft unless and to the extent that:
- we are required to do so by law
- in connection with legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including the provision of information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention or reduction of credit risk)
Site usage statistics and analytics will be anonymous
We may from time to time share anonymised data, which will never include names and personal information but may include postcodes, with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis. Sharing information about usage of the site in this way will enable us to improve the site and user experience.
- Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or application. Your web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple’s Safari or Google Chrome) then sends these cookies back to the website or application on each subsequent visit so that they can recognise you and remember things like personalised details or user preferences.
- Cookies are very useful and do lots of different jobs which help to make your experience on websites as smooth as possible. For example, they let you move between web pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your experience.
- When you use the Website, the following two categories of cookies may be set on your device:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to make the site function properly. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
- Analytics cookies: We use web analytics services to help us understand how people use the site.
- Web analytics data and cookies cannot be used to identify you as they never contain personal information such as your name or email address.
- There are various ways that you can control and manage your cookies which are discussed in a bit more detail below. Please remember that any settings you change will not just affect the Website. These changes will apply to all websites that you visit (unless you choose to block cookies from particular sites).
- Most modern browsers will allow you to:
- see what cookies you’ve got and delete them on an individual basis
- block third party cookies
- block cookies from particular sites
- block all cookies from being set, or
- delete all cookies when you close your browser
- You should be aware that any preferences will be lost if you delete cookies. Also, if you block cookies completely our site and many other websites will not work properly and some functionality on these websites will not work at all. So we do not recommend turning cookies off.
- It is possible to opt out of having your anonymised browsing activity within websites recorded by analytics cookies. Don’t forget that by not allowing analytics cookies, this stops us from being able to learn how people use, and how we might improve, the Website.
You may request details of any personal information we hold about you at any time. Please write to the Data Controller at the address below. We reserve the right to charge you the sum of £10 for the provision of such information. If you believe any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please notify us and we will update our records.
You have the right to instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
We may make changes from time to time to this statement without notice to you. Please ensure that you view this page from time to time to check for any changes and to ensure you are happy with them.
If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please contact the Data Controller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ochresoft Technologies Limited
11 Lancaster Place
South Marston Business Park
Company Number: 03645549
Data Protection Registration Number: Z8767401