What is Lawyer Checker?
Lawyer Checker is a leading provider of risk management software and provides comprehensive fraud protection to conveyancers and their clients. It helps you decide if it’s appropriate to send purchase monies to the Seller’s Conveyancer.
You supply the Seller’s Conveyancer’s information to Lawyer Checker who then check to see that there’s a track record of previous use associated with that account. If there isn’t, or if the account is not well known, Lawyer Checker checks more than ten databases and provides further information to help you decide if it’s appropriate to send money to that account.
Lawyer Checker is fully integrated with Intelliworks. Users can save time by ordering their Lawyer Checker search through Intelliworks and having the result dropped back into the case.
- Enhanced due diligence and safeguarding
- Real-time search power
- Evidence data for matter file
- Demonstration of outcome focused processes
- Protection of reputation and brand
- Mitigates potential stress for your client. Peace of mind and reassurance
- Potential avoidance of increased insurance premiums
When a potential risk is identified, comprehensive further research is carried out within four working hours, including:
- Confirmation as to whether or not the individual is regulated to conduct conveyancing
- The distance of the vendor’s firm from the bank address
- The number of transactions for the previous year
- Any accreditations such CQS and Lexel
- Registrations on expected databases such as FCA and ICO
Be a well-informed and diligent conveyancer: Lawyer Checker provides the tools and information to obtain the assurances you need to act in the best interests of your client.
Reasons for buying Lawyer Checker through Intelliworks:
- Direct machine-to-machine ordering; no rekeying of data, reducing the risk of incorrect data entry and saving your team time.
- Search results applied directly to your case; no need to drag & drop emails and documents.
- Same price, £10 + VAT, as going direct.
Sarah Cowley, Partner and Department Manager (Residential Property) at Coodes Solicitors, explains the advantages: “For every purchase and transaction, we use the Lawyer Checker service to protect our clients. Fraud is unfortunately a growing trade in property transactions, and by using this service, it safeguards us from sending money inadvertently to a fraudulent party.
By accessing Lawyer Checker via our Ochresoft Intelliworks case management systems, everything is handled and documented in one central place. We don’t have to spend time logging in to a system elsewhere; this removes many extra steps for our team’s day to day workload, and leaves an audit trail on our Intelliworks file, showing that we are fully compliant.
It ultimately protects our clients with safeguards, ensures we are compliant and that we have a full audit trail without any concern. Accessing Lawyer Checker via Intelliworks is the same price too, so it’s a no brainer as far as I’m concerned.”
Lawyer Checker is available to all Intelliworks users as an extra service, and is billed on a pay-per-case basis. Users can choose to use it within a case or as a stand-alone feature. Please get in touch to discuss your requirements.