Our new market research report is now available. We spoke to 100 senior residential property solicitors and conveyancers to discover their views of the industry over the last year. We interviewed managing partners, heads of residential property law, fee earners, residential property solicitors and other directors. We also spoke to 500 home movers who had bought and/or sold a property over the last two years.
The in-depth report from Landmark, provides invaluable insights into the residential property market. It shows what is currently of concern to conveyancers and where they see future opportunities to help drive success and profitability.
It also places a revealing lens on home movers’ perspectives – their expectations, thoughts on the industry, and views on what can be done to improve the home-buying experience.
Our research shows that conveyancers still face many common challenges. These include the lack of visibility of a transaction, the noticeable gap in resource and talent, and the ever-growing legislative requirements and administrative burden. This is against a backdrop of one of the toughest property markets we’ve seen in years.
Here are some of the key headlines:
- On average, 46% of conveyancing cases within the last 12 months have needed enquiries to be raised because of incomplete information.
- Just over half (53%) say having upfront information to assess the complexity of the work would have the biggest impact on profitability.
- 89% said their role has been impacted by recent legislative changes around issues such as AML and climate change guidance.
- 75% of respondents believe digitisation and automation have improved the overall customer service and customer experience for buyers and sellers.
- Over half (51%) see digitising more processes as a priority for improving efficiency and reducing costs.
- Just under half (45%) said that having better technology would reduce workloads to help attract and retain more talent in the sector.
Download the report to access the latest data and insights to gain a deep understanding of the market trends and challenges facing conveyancers today.
Access our new insights report here or click on the banner below.
We hope you find it useful.